Quick Links




As part of their general education requirements undergraduates must take at least one 5-credit composition ("C") course, and 7-10 credits of writing-intensive ("W") courses. There are a variety of options for you to satisfy these requirements, ranging from the English department's two writing programs to writing intensive ("W") courses that may be offered within your major. In addition to course offerings, UW offers a wide range of writing support for undergrads and grad students so that you can succeed in your courses, and finish your degree as a more knowledgeable and empowered communicator.